EXPERIENCED PARK DESIGNER
Stoss is seeking an experienced Park Designer to join our Boston office and contribute to our growing team. Working in tandem with Directors on large urban park and open space projects, the successful candidate will help lead and organize internal project teams and external coordination with client and subconsultants.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, energetic individual who is eager for responsibility and has the skill set to respond strategically to the daily challenges of the position. We are specifically looking for candidates with project management experience and a passion for urban landscapes and the built environment. At Stoss, we strive for an inclusive, supportive and lively culture where employees, partners and clients are inspired to solve complex problems in a fun and collaborative environment.
- MLA or BLA preferred.
- 4 to 8 years of experience in a professional office
- Experience designing and implementing large parks, playgrounds, and ecologically driven open spaces.
- Excellent project management skills and/or experience through the construction documentation and construction phases of projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and organizational capacity
- Excellent 3D & 2D design/technical skills with proven proficiency in AutoCAD and potentially other 2D, 3D, and graphic programs
- Ability to creatively problem solve and deliver clear concepts to colleagues and project managers
- Ability to smoothly manage workflow and the work of teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment with tight deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Strong work discipline with exceptional self-management skills
- Licensure in MA, CA or elsewhere is a plus
- Delivery of landscape architecture projects from design concept through construction completion while ensuring a consistent and high level of quality in their preparation.
- Provides creative thinking and contributes to design advancement and problem solving.
- Organize and deliver design documents and presentations (narratives and graphics).
- Organize and deliver construction documents (drawings and specifications).
- Coordinate fully with the multi-disciplinary design team including design consultants, contractor and subcontractors.
- Responsible for schedule, production, and coordination of multiple projects at one time.
- Manage submittal reviews and other construction administration responsibilities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Participate in communication and management of the client.
- Manage the day to day communication with consultants and contractors.
- Assist in project document reviews; follow the firm's standards, best practices and quality expectations.
- Mentor project staff and provide best practices.
SKILLS + KNOWLEDGE
- Possess an understanding of the relationship between design and constructability.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and 3d modeling (Rhino preferred).
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Capable presentation skills.
- Work effectively and contributes to a collaborative team-oriented environment.
If you are interested in this position, please;
- Email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must contain your name and the job title you are applying for
- Include resume and portfolio (portfolios should include examples of construction document experience)
- No phone calls, please
2019-02-21 We're Hiring an Experienced Park Designer for our Boston studio.